SERVICESOffering construction material testing & engineering across the state
Our material testing and geotechnical laboratories located in south and central Texas along with our equipment, technicians, test procedures and quality manual were physically audited, inspected and approved by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Research and Development Center, Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory, headquartered in Vicksburg, Mississippi. Over 25 years experience, we have provided construction material engineering/testing, geotechnical and environmental services to clients, such as the USACE, City of Laredo, Webb County, Zachry Corporation, Kiewit Texas, City of Freer, Department of Homeland Security and numerous private individuals.
We are a South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency Certified Woman, Small Disadvantage and Minority Business Enterprise and State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business.
You can expect rapid, individualized response and defensible, accurate results when contracting for construction materials engineering/testing, geotechnical engineering or environmental services.
We specialize in testing and analysis of the properties and performance behavior of soils and mechanical, hydraulic and physical testing of all forms of materials used in the construction and development industries. Our engineers and technicians respond to your needs in the areas of soils, concrete and hot mix asphaltic concrete (HMAC), steel, masonry and material compatibility issues, and they will apply their knowledge of regional geology and construction materials and processes to help you select appropriate materials and methods to complete your project.
Our engineers can also provide the following testing and inspections:
• Nondestructive testing including impact echo, ultrasonic, and ground penetrating radar.
• Laboratory, field load and bond tests.
• Observations and review of reinforcing steel in concrete structures to evaluate constructability and
compliance with project plans and specifications.
• Nondestructive reinforcing steel and post tension strand locating.
• Review and recommendations for concrete mix designs.
• Welded and high strength bolted structural connections to evaluate compliance with project plans
• Failure evaluation and expert witness.
Our staff is trained regularly on the latest and most cost-effective techniques. Our engineers and technicianswork closely with owners, developers, architects, and contractors to ensure a successful completion to a quality project. Carrillo & Associates, Inc. (CAI) laboratory is a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) validated laboratory inspected and approved by US ARMY CORPS Material Testing Center Vicksburg Mississippi, Engineer Research & Development Center.
We can conduct drilling and sampling with our rigs. In addition, together with our subcontractor drillers, we can install monitor wells, piezometers, and deep borings. Carrillo & Associates, Inc. (CAI) laboratory conducts laboratory testing to evaluate soil classification, shear strength, compaction, compressibility, swell potential, permeability, etc. Our tests are conducted in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) or Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) standards.
Our geotechnical engineering recommendations are presented in an engineering report, which address the specific project design, construction, and quality control requirements.
We offer the following geotechnical services:
• Shallow and Deep Foundations
• Pavement Design
• Settlement Analysis
• Foundation Investigations
• Earth Retaining Structures and Reinforced Earth
• Expansive/Collapsing Soils
• Power Plant Facilities
• Soil Stabilization
• Slope Stability
• Other Geotechnical Engineering Services
Our commitment is to quality – to provide comprehensive environmental engineering, testing, and design service available from a single source. It has evolved through the years into a dedicated company with a proven track record with the tools and resources to respond to any job. CAI also has extensive experience in obtaining regulatory permits and interpreting technical regulations, including:
• Environmental Compliance and Permitting
• Design of Pollution Control Systems
• Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and Investigations
• Soil and Groundwater Remediation Design and Implementation
• Underground Storage Tank Management and Closure
• Design and Integrity Testing of Above Ground Storage Tanks
• Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
• Process Design Services
• Other Services
With years of combined experience, our professional staff matches skilled investigative techniques with old fashioned common sense. In the process, they work thoroughly and respond quickly to your concerns.